APD will take place again on site in Stuttgart in 2023. Participants of the Co-Producer Programme (without project) and selected investors who cannot travel to the event can also participate online. The APD Conference will again take place on location in Stuttgart and will be made available to participants as a VOD afterwards.
Within the Co-Production and Financing Market the core format are one-to-one meetings between producers and broadcasters, streamers, investors, distributors, sales agents as well as potential co-production partners. The APD Conference offers focused debates and presentations on current challenges facing the industry. The programme is rounded off with smaller discussion formats such as roundtables and various networking events (lunches, dinners…).
In our programme you’ll get an overview on the different programmes and formats.
- (European) producers with a fresh, innovative project for which they are looking for co-production partners and investors (Producer Programme)
- Production companies and studios looking for projects in which they can participate (Co-Production Programme)
- Representatives of broadcasters, streaming platforms, distributors, publishers, world sales agents and investors looking for innovative animation projects (Investor Programme)
- National and international funding institutions for film, television and digital media (Investor Programme)
- Young European talents who would like to apply for the APD Talent Programme (Talent Programme)
- Project Submission (Producer Programme): 09 February 2023 (Early Bird: 20 January)
- Apply for the Talent Programme: 09 February 2023
- Investor Programme: 02 March 2023 (Early Bird: 20 January)
- Co-Producers Programme (without project): 02 March 2023
Please note: We offer a reduced accreditation fee for the PRODUCER PROGRAMME of EUR 325 per person (incl. 7% VAT) for participants from EU countries that have a low audiovisual production capacity (as defined by MEDIA: Bulgaria, Cyprus, Hungary, Luxembourg, Latvia, Lithuania, Malta, Slovenia, Slovakia and in addition Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Georgia, Iceland, Lichtenstein, Montenegro, North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia, and Ukraine).
With the ‘Co-Producer Programme ONLINE’, we offer producers and studios who do not present a project at APD the opportunity to participate online. Investors also have the opportunity to participate online.
In order to give as many different projects as possible the opportunity to present their project at APD and to show new, innovative projects every year, it is not possible to resubmit a project that has already been selected. If the project has been rejected and has been further developed in the meantime, it can be submitted again.
- Project submissions / Producer Programme:
The registration only becomes effective if the submitted project is selected for APD 2023. The selection results will be announced on 28 February 2023 at the latest. At this point, payment of the participation fee becomes due for the registered person(s). You’ll receice a seperate e-mail with the invoice and payment information.
- Participants without project (Investors, Co-Producers):
The registration only becomes effective if it is confirmed by the APD team. The confirmation e-mails will be sent out on 7 march 2023 at the latest. At this point, payment of the participation fee becomes due for the registered person(s). You’ll receice a seperate e-mail with the invoice and payment information.
It is not possible to register additional company representatives after the deadline for project submissions/registration has passed.
- Using information provided in the project submission / registration documents, APD compiles an e-catalogue containing all the information on the selected projects and participating companies.
- This catalogue is sent to all APD participants about two weeks before the event.
- The Financing Market meetings are planned by the APD team. Participants choose who they would like to meet based on the e-catalogue. The APD team then schedules the desired meetings according to availability and the company / project profile. Priority is given to the producers with a selected project. These meetings are uploaded onto the APD Online Platform with a personalised meeting schedule for each participant.
- A week before APD begins, all accredited participants receive access data to the Online Meeting Platform.
- The Co-Production Market meetings can be planned on the Online Meeting Platform by the participants themselves.
- Since APD 2023 is a hybrid event, there will be a mix of onsite and online meetings.
- Visitors to the APD are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
- All participants will receive further information on reduced hotel rates especially for the APD upon confirmation of their participation.
- In our experience, many conventions take place in Stuttgart around the time of the APD, so it is worth booking your hotel early.