Who can participate?
- Producers with a fresh and innovative animation project for which they are looking for co-production partners and investors
- production companies and studios looking for projects in which they can participate
- Representatives of broadcasters, SVoD platforms, distributors, publishers and investors looking for innovative animation projects
- National and international funding institutions for film, television and digital media
- Young talents who wish to apply for the APD Talent Programme
Which type of projects can be submitted?
- TV series, TV specials, feature films, games, mobile content, cross- and transmedia animation projects
- short film projects, if they can be further developed into other formats
- Hybrid formats (mixing animation and live action)
- At concept and development stage
- Suitable and open for international coproduction
- Open to coproducers
- With potential for brand development
The APD jury selects up to 50 projects each year for participation in APD.
APD is a curated business platform for the European and international animation industry with approximately 170 participants annually. Animation producers from over 20 countries will present their projects from the film, TV series, games and cross-media sectors to potential co-production partners and investors in one-on-one meetings planned in advance. Around 50 projects are selected each year from a constantly growing number of submissions for presentation at APD, many of them at an early stage of development. Eight of the selected projects will be selected under the APD Talent Programme, which gives European newcomers the opportunity to present their projects in a professional environment.
In the carefully planned individual one-on-one meetings, producers can evaluate the market potential of their projects and find potential partners for further development. In addition to production companies and studios, around 60 representatives of European broadcasters and SVOD providers, international sales and distribution companies and funding institutions take part in APD each year. They appreciate the opportunity to discover high-quality, commercially promising and particularly innovative projects at an early stage. APD thus offers an excellent starting point for initiating international co-productions.
Part of the program is also the half-day APD Conference. In practice-oriented case studies, technological innovations or new sales and financing strategies for animation projects will be presented and discussed. In the second part of the conference, broadcasters and distributors will present their current programme needs and future programme strategies. Networking events in a family atmosphere offer the opportunity to continue the discussions and to deepen new contacts in an uncomplicated way.
The Stuttgart International Festival of Animated Film (ITFS) and FMX – Conference on Animation, Effects, Games and Immersive Media take place at the same time as APD, two world-renowned industry events distinguished by the presentation and discussion of the entire spectrum of creative forms of expression and technological innovations in the field of animation and related disciplines. Thanks to the special combination of film festival, expert conference and financing market, the three events have developed into a unique platform in Europe that attracts up to 6,000 industry visitors to Stuttgart every year.