13:00 – 13:15 Welcome
13:15 – 15:00 Enable! Case Studies and Market Trends
Moderator: Prof Lilian Klages, APD Curator
In the first part of the conference high calibre speakers focus upon new trends and developments in the animation industry. Producers who have forged new paths share their experiences.
- Thomas Borch Nielsen, CEO of Nice Ninja and Dirk Hampel, CEO of B-Water Animation Studios have both produced projects using game engines and will report on their experiences and lessons learned.
- Can you build a series and establish a successful brand without a linear platform? Helen Howells and Oliver Ellis from Hoho Entertainment invite you to hear how they refused to give up on their pre-school brand, Cloudbabies long after the series finished airing on terrestrial TV in the UK.
- Niko and the Sword of Light went from a hit as an animated comic book app to an almost cancelled series to an Emmy award winner. Co-creator Bobby Chiu recounts the strategies, trials and tribulations that were behind their series.
15:30 – 16:30 Content Briefing Session
Moderator: Christophe Erbès, APD Curator
In the Content Briefing Session broadcasters and distributors will introduce their current programme requirements and programming strategies.
- Dr. Astrid Plenk, Program Manager of the KiKA of ARD and ZDF
- Dominique Neudecker, Senior Manager Acquisition & Co-Production Disney Channels GSA
- Richard Rowe, Director of International Acquisitions and Co-productions, DHX Media
- Chris Rose, VP Animation Production/Development, Nickelodeon International
Access to the APD conference is granted to all accredited APD participants and industry guests with ITFS and FMX accreditation.